News, trends and entertainment

Latest Post

US former president, Jimmy Carter falls, breaks hips




Former President of US, Jimmy Carter is recovering from surgery after a fall on Monday, the Carter Center said.

A statement said the 94-year-old Democrat fell at his home in Plains, Georgia, on his way to go turkey hunting, and later underwent a successful surgery.

"He is recovering comfortably from surgery to repair a broken hip at Phoebe Sumter Medical Center in Americus, Georgia," the Carter Center said. "His surgeon stated that the surgery was successful. His wife, Rosalynn, is with him."

In March, Carter became the oldest-living former president in US history, having survived a bout with cancer in recent years. The Monday statement following the surgery said Carter was still set on hunting next season despite his fall.


Sanusi resigns over installation of new emirs in Kano




A District Head of Bebeji Local Government Area of Kano, Haruna Sanusi, has resigned his appointment less than 48 hours after the installation of four new emirs in the state.

Sanusi’s resignation on Monday was in reaction to the installation of heads of new emirates by Governor Abdullahi Ganduje and his loyalty to the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi.

According to Daily Nigerian, the traditional leader cited “health ground and recent changes in the emirate system” as reason for his resignation.

The state now has five emirates: Kano, Rano, Gaya, Karaye and Bichi. All Emirs would have equal powers and are to be on same first class status as Sanusi.


524,315 applicants jostle for 3,200 vacancies in customs




The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) said 524,315 applicants had successfully completed their application process in the ongoing recruitment exercise of 3,200 personnel by the service.

The Public Relations Officer of the service, Mr Joseph Attah disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Monday.

NAN reports that NCS on April 17, opened a recruitment portal to fill vacancies of 3,200.

No fewer than 800 officers are to be recruited to fill vacancies for Superintendent cadre, while 2,400 are to fill that of Customs Inspector and Customs Assistant cadre.

Attah told NAN that a total of 278, 582 applicants applied for the Superintendent cadre while the remaining applicants completed the process for Inspectorate and Customs Assistant cadres.

“A total number of people that registered is 828,333, but not all of them accomplished the process,” he said.

The spokesperson assured that the service would be fair and just in the screening of all the applicants.





The African Action Congress (AAC) earlier on Monday, suspended Omoyele Sowore as the National Chairman of the party.

Naija News understands that development which was announced by the party’s National Executive Committee (NEC) has attracted several reactions on social media.

Sowore been suspended right now in Abuja by the Party National Secretary…. Mr Donald!!!

This very Charade is not Developing and Healthy to the Nigerian Youth Constituency and the Very hope Nigerian Youth have in stock for Nigeria.

I hope this is sorted soon!!#GameofThronespic.twitter.com/rHC7o25Wpp

— Ifemosu Michael Adewale®️ (@ifemosumichael) May 13, 2019


Meanwhile, Mr Omoyele Sowore, the national chairman of the African Action Congress (AAC) has reacted to his suspension.

Mr Sowore in his reaction to his suspension in a statement personally signed by him, Sowore expelled Leonard Nzenwa, who was named the acting chairman of the party. Mr Sowore also accused the party of distracting Nigerians attention from the central bank 500billion Naira scandal.

“Sowore suspended from @aacparty as Chairman” kindly ignore but don’t forget that they needed some distraction from the @cenbankN500billion scandal. @[email protected]@[email protected]@PremiumTimesng

— Omoyele Sowore (@YeleSowore) May 13, 2019


 

Your man of ideas was suspended.He now suspended them too.😂

So your man of ideas is the Party Chairman and Presidential candidate😂😂😂😂😂.

Ata ewa yi ti fe sapa mi lori ooo😂

— BIBIRE (@olaajani) May 13, 2019


 

Tales by moonlight: This coming out after the leaked audio by Sahara reporters. 😌😌 pic.twitter.com/Rgslm2gpUc

— Diogu Chijioke chukwuemeka Raymond (@Cee2Jay) May 13, 2019


 

The suspension confirm the thuggery and killings at the just concluded governorship election in rivers state sowore AAC connived with APC to perpetuate on the Innocent people of rivers state ,I hope INEC and the world has also seen it

— babadoc 🇬🇧🇧🇴 (@babashonk) May 13, 2019


The suspension confirm the thuggery and killings at the just concluded governorship election in rivers state sowore AAC connived with APC to perpetuate on the Innocent people of rivers state ,I hope INEC and the world has also seen it

— babadoc 🇬🇧🇧🇴 (@babashonk) May 13, 2019





The African Action Congress (AAC) earlier on Monday, suspended Omoyele Sowore as the National Chairman of the party.

Naija News understands that development which was announced by the party’s National Executive Committee (NEC) has attracted several reactions on social media.

Sowore been suspended right now in Abuja by the Party National Secretary…. Mr Donald!!!

This very Charade is not Developing and Healthy to the Nigerian Youth Constituency and the Very hope Nigerian Youth have in stock for Nigeria.

I hope this is sorted soon!!#GameofThronespic.twitter.com/rHC7o25Wpp

— Ifemosu Michael Adewale®️ (@ifemosumichael) May 13, 2019


Meanwhile, Mr Omoyele Sowore, the national chairman of the African Action Congress (AAC) has reacted to his suspension.

Mr Sowore in his reaction to his suspension in a statement personally signed by him, Sowore expelled Leonard Nzenwa, who was named the acting chairman of the party. Mr Sowore also accused the party of distracting Nigerians attention from the central bank 500billion Naira scandal.

“Sowore suspended from @aacparty as Chairman” kindly ignore but don’t forget that they needed some distraction from the @cenbankN500billion scandal. @[email protected]@[email protected]@PremiumTimesng

— Omoyele Sowore (@YeleSowore) May 13, 2019


 

Your man of ideas was suspended.He now suspended them too.😂

So your man of ideas is the Party Chairman and Presidential candidate😂😂😂😂😂.

Ata ewa yi ti fe sapa mi lori ooo😂

— BIBIRE (@olaajani) May 13, 2019


 

Tales by moonlight: This coming out after the leaked audio by Sahara reporters. 😌😌 pic.twitter.com/Rgslm2gpUc

— Diogu Chijioke chukwuemeka Raymond (@Cee2Jay) May 13, 2019


 

The suspension confirm the thuggery and killings at the just concluded governorship election in rivers state sowore AAC connived with APC to perpetuate on the Innocent people of rivers state ,I hope INEC and the world has also seen it

— babadoc 🇬🇧🇧🇴 (@babashonk) May 13, 2019


The suspension confirm the thuggery and killings at the just concluded governorship election in rivers state sowore AAC connived with APC to perpetuate on the Innocent people of rivers state ,I hope INEC and the world has also seen it

— babadoc 🇬🇧🇧🇴 (@babashonk) May 13, 2019





Kurukonga earlier reported that the Screening Date & Requirements for the Nigerian Police Recruitment 2019 has been released, alongside the conditions and requirements for the exam.

Here is how to check the Nigerian Police Recruitment 2019 List of Shortlisted Applicants:

Go to the NPF recruitment portal via Nigerian Police Recruitment 2019

Click on your state of origin to access the list and see your screening date.

Only candidates who are successful in the Selection Examination will be invited for the Nigeria Police Selection Board Interview. 

kurukonga  would be here to publish the list of successfully shortlisted applicants will be published.

Please note that this message is only addressing those who applied for the Nigerian police 2019 recruitment exercise

The Brazil international is keen to remain at Camp Nou, but with fans turning on him there is a feeling inside the club that he is dispensable. 

 


Phillipe Coutinho


 


Barcelona's hierarchy are bracing themselves for interest from Chelsea in Philippe Coutinho as the Blues go in search of a replacement for Eden Hazard.

 

Goal  understands that even though Coutinho wants to remain at Camp Nou despite a disappointing first full campaign, some members of the Blaugrana's board of directors are keen to sell this summer.

 

The Brazil international has failed to impress since arriving from Liverpool in a £105 million ($135m) deal in January 2018, despite playing his part in two Liga title wins.

 

And while he has struggled to fully win over supporters in Catalunya, their relationship has suffered in recent weeks after his celebration after scoring against Manchester United in the Champions League.

 

Fans were unhappy at him placing his fingers in his ears so as to drown out his critics following his long-range strike against the Red Devils, and jeers from the stands have become more prevalent as a result.

 

A disappointing performance against his former club at Anfield as Barca crashed out of Europe saw further questions asked of the 26-year-old, and the number of dissenting voices inside the club are now growing.

 

Chelsea, meanwhile, look set to lose Hazard this summer, with the forward having dropped his biggest hint yet that he wants to join Real Madrid .

 

Though the two clubs are still a long way apart on a final fee, talks are ongoing, and the Blues are expected to earn at least €100m (£90m/$118m) from the sale of the Belgium international.

 

Given Hazard's importance to Maurizio Sarri's side - he scored 16 goals and laid on 15 assists in the Premier League alone in 2018-19 - a replacement is highly likely to be sought should their FIFA-inflicted transfer ban be delayed by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

 

It is understood that a decision on the two-window long suspension for registering senior players will be made before the closure of the upcoming transfer window, meaning a potential swoop for Coutinho would be viable.

 

Sarri is yet to speak to Chelsea's hierarchy regarding transfer targets for the summer, given the Blues still have the Europa League final to play on May 29 as well as the potential for them not being able to make any new additions to their squad until 2020.

 

But it is likely that both Sarri and the club will have their own targets, and Barca are of the belief that Coutinho will be on at least one of those lists given his experience of the Premier League and ability to play a similar role to that of Hazard.

 

Should an offer be forthcoming for the playmaker, there will certainly be those inside the Barcelona boardroom who would consider allowing the third-most expensive footballer of all time to leave the club.

 

Coutinho's potential departure could be one of a number of big name sales at Barcelona this summer, with Ivan Rakitic close to agreeing a €50m (£43m/$56m) move to Inter while Samuel Umtiti is being pushed towards the exits after an injury-hit campaign.

politician who is hoping to unseat the incumbent governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello took to the streets to share Cheese Balls among his would-be voters. 

 


Prince Mustapha Audu


 


Prince Mustapha Audu, the son of late Prince Abubakar Audu, who is also in the race to unseat Gov Yahaya Bello under the platform of Young Progressive Party was seen sharing Cheese Balls as Ramadan package.

 

His action has received mixed reactions on social media. The young man will be seeking to leverage on his late father's latter day popularity to garner some votes.

 

Governor Bello has also lost his popularity in the last three years over how he has managed the affairs of the state.

 



 




Haram terrorists in Borno




The Nigerian Army has said its troops of 22 Brigade,engaged in Operative Lafiya Dole, in collaboration with local vigilantes, have rescued 54 persons abducted by Boko Haram terrorists in Borno State.

The army, in a statement by its acting spokesman, Col. Sagir Musa, said out of the number, 29 were women while 25 others were children of various ages and sex.

The statement which said the troops’ success was during a clearance operation carried out into the hinterland of the state last Saturday, also said its troops of 145 Battalion, operating at Zari – Kasake and Jumachere villages in Damasak general area of Mobbar Local Government Area of the state, discovered and destroyed two Boko Haram terrorists’ logistics vehicles.




Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget